Indian fashion continues to evolve with its well known brightly colored embellished garments, luxurious fabrics and ornaments. The wide variety of style choices and ideas that are generated from traditional Indian clothing create numerous outfits that everyone can wear. In order for you to be able to maximize on the potential of Indian fashion ideas, there are key fashion tips that you need to keep in mind.
- The type of body or shape you have forms the basis of your style. It can be compared to the blank canvas that a painter begins with. The process of choosing the right Indian clothes and accessories begins with knowing your body type and what will be most suitable for it.
- Body types include the pear, apple, rectangle and hourglass shape. These shapes are determined by factors, such as how your weight is distributed around your body and your overall shape.
- The lehenga is a key clothing item in Indian fashion. Wearing a suitable lehenga will have a significant and flattering effect on your figure. Adorn your body with a flattering lehenga that will highlight the best attributes of your body frame and disguise what you prefer to be kept hidden from view.
Lehengas for Different Body Types
- Both the pear and apple shape will look good in a lehenga that features a long top that reaches the hips as well as a lehenga that is made from a lightweight flowing fabric.
- For the hourglass shape, a short blouse, flowing fabric and A-line design is the ideal combination.
- The rectangle shape will benefit from a lehenga that is made from a stiffer fabric with a flattering neckline and wide skirt that broadens the frame. Find stylish Indian clothes online
Pick a Choli
After choosing part of your outfit, the next step is to choose a suitable blouse that you can combine with the lehenga. If you are aiming for a stylish and modern look, pick a trendy blouse. You also have the option of keeping it traditional with embroidered fabric.
There are different cuts and designs to choose from and there is a choli for everyone. Options include the asymmetrical, halter, princess cut, round and sweetheart neckline choli. The type of blouse and lehenga that you have will help you determine the draping of your dupatta.
Your dupatta drape should always showcase the outstanding elements of the key pieces in your outfit. The wider dupatta can be worn over the head while a narrower design is a good alternative if you will not be placing it on your head, as this makes draping easier.
Jewelry and Shoes
- Indian outfits always go well with jewelry, but you should avoid excessive accessorizing. If your Indian outfit already features a lot of embellishment, you will require fewer jewelry pieces.
- Unique statement jewelry is a good option and will enable you to express your style and personality.
Even with long clothing, such as the lehenga, your shoes should always be fabulous. Choose your shoes according to your outfit; silver, gold and beaded sandals are popular options.