1. Keep a stack of your favorite magazines that you promise yourself you can read only at the gym. If the issues start piling up, you know it’s time to schedule a workout.
3. Did you know that NOT exercising AT ALL is equivalent to smoking a pack of cigarettes A DAY? (Fear is a good motivator for some.)
2. Your dog. If you want your pooch to enjoy a longer, healthier life, s/he needs to get moving, too. You’ll find as both of you get fit, s/he is more enthusiastic, and will give you a challenging workout. If not, YOU give him/her a challenging workout.
3. Work out with your spouse/life partner or personal trainer. Not only does it get both of you healthy and strong, but can also spice up your romantic life.
4. Erase YEARS off your body. Chronologically you may be 40, but with regular, vigorous exercise and healthy nutrition, people are going to do a double-take and think you’re in your mid-30. Imagine how awesome you’ll feel, when you not only feel younger, but to OTHER people you look younger. Act younger, too.ï»¿
5. See exercise as a stress-releaser. A simple shift in attitude can do wonders for your stress levels. If you’ve had a long, hard day at work, exercise is something to LOOK FORWARD TO relieve your stress and revive yourself.
6. Check out the e-mail, chat, or discussion groups on the Internet that deal with fitness, weight loss, diet, exercise, etc.