Depending on your business, the flooring options are very limited. Flooring that will have much foot traffic will have to have certain qualities that allow it to endure this type of treatment. These floors have to clean up well and hold their luster, so in many cases, it is maintenance along with the flooring type that allows the appropriate flooring to be a presentable floor on a daily basis. Additionally, a smaller business may choose a flooring that would normally be reserved for a residential flooring application, but these types of flooring solutions can make a business cozy and inviting. With these factors in mind, here is a primer on some appropriate choices.
- The first choice is also one of the most utilized. Businesses with a large amount of space and plenty of foot traffic often choose a very large vinyl tile. This flooring type is made thin so that the sub-floor absorbs the foot traffic. The durable vinyl shines and cleans well and because the concrete sub-floor is a hard substrate, the tile lasts indefinitely.
- However, a small business can choose a wood floor or a laminate. This flooring is reasonably easy to install in small applications and myriad choices allow for a match in the business’s style while delivering a rich flooring aesthetic in their business.
- A smaller porcelain or glass tile can also be appropriate choices in flooring for small business applications. With the correct installation, these floors can also project a richness and business image well and has many different styles and colors to choose from.
- Sometimes a business flooring decision has to be made for economical reasons. When this is the case, a low pile carpet is an inexpensive choice that is still a very often utilized flooring in business today. Additionally, this flooring type has a range of styles also that make it very versatile.
- However, sometime richness and economics can be had with concrete as a flooring choice. In many businesses, concrete is the sub-flooring. These floors can be stripped to this level, they can then be cleaned and possibly incur a concrete repair if necessary. The concrete can be professionally stained to provide a deep rich flooring style that has as much appeal as any of the other flooring choices if the restoration, concrete repair or renovation of the concrete is done by professionals.
Additionally, concrete can have an epoxy coating applied that is opaque with color enhancements, or the epoxy can be transparent with anything embedded like store logos. The concrete floors can also be painted in various colors making utilizing concrete as a flooring choice not only economical, but also very durable and versatile.