Mother Nature Provides Us With All We Need For Health and Vitality
Growing herbs is easy enough for anyone to do. A window box or two is all you need to grow a few herbs that can have amazing benefits for your health. In a previous article of the ASC Magazine, Rick Beach wrote an excellent article on the top 5 herbs he grows.
Ricks top 5 herbs include:
1. Feverfew – is known to be beneficial for people who suffer from migranes on a regular basis. It also beneficial for helping ease the systems of the common cold, reduce the pain of earache, helps settle an upset stomach and reduce intestinal gas. http://aquaponics-how-to-guide.info/aquanewsletter/
2. Catnip – Not just for cats, it is good for humans too. It has a long history of being good to ease digestion, colic and diarrhea. A tea brewed from the leaves can help alleviate the symptoms. It is also a mild sedative that can help calm the nervous system during periods of stress
3. Lemon Balm – Lemon balm is known to have antioxidant properties. It is also a good mosquito repellent and smells good on your skin. It has antimicrobial and antiviral properties and has been used to treat cold sores and support the immune system. https://www.facebook.com/AquaponicsSurvivalCommunities
4. Parsley – Parsley is high in vitamin C and A and is loaded with antioxidants. Some studies have suggested that it can help with arthritis and is good for your heart and colon.
5. Garlic – During WW2 garlic was used as an antiseptic. It has also been used to treat infections, is commonly used for the treatment of chest colds, digestive disorders and fungal infections such as thrush. Garlic is full of antioxidants and can help with regulating high blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
There you have it; five easy to grow herbs that can help you maintain health and vitality. Give it a go today, grow your own and enjoy the benefits of having fresh herbs at your fingertips.