Almost everyone would like to look and feel attractive. One area of concern for many people is a rock solid mid-section, defined by a flat stomach and six pack abs. Although nobody likes a protruding gut, preventing one takes a lot of determination and discipline. Let’s look at some ways to obtain a slimmer, fat-free waistline.
1. Eat lots and lots of fibrous foods, primarily to facilitate digestion and elimination. A high fiber diet may not come to mind when you think of flat abdomens, but one of the common causes of protruding lower abdomens is enlarged intestines. A healthy digestive system can also prevent a lot of other diseases and ailments such as acid-reflux and colon cancer.
2. Have a strength-training regimen that involves and addresses all major muscle groups. One way to exaggerate an appearance of a smaller abdomen is to increase the muscle in your shoulders. More importantly, a whole-body work out is beneficial in many ways, in terms of total fitness. A work out that solely concentrates on the abs may result in over-training, whereas a full body routine leads to a healthier, more-balanced body. It also allows major muscle groups to recover while you work on other on other body parts.
3. Another easy remedy to excess baggage around the waist is to drink more fluids. What kind of fluids, you might ask? Water and unsweetened tea are the best kind. Proper hydration is not only needed to remove toxins and chemicals from your body, but also to ensure you have enough energy during your work-outs.
4. Engage in a cardio activity 3-4 days a week. Mixing training session of varying lengths and intensity is a good idea. Total time for a workout should not be over an hour and that includes strength training. Reserve a few days for medium intensity and medium length cardio sessions, while the rest of the week is scheduled for longer sessions with lower intensity levels. The best way to stick to this regiment is to find 2 or 3 sports you love. This will prevent boredom and allow you t utilize different parts of your body. Swimming is widely considered to one of the best forms of cardio activity.
5. Involving the Plank Pose into your exercise regimen is also helpful in keeping your stomach flat. The Plank Pose is designed to work the transverse abdominis muscle, responsible for keeping the stomach tucked in and maintaining posture. This appears to be one of the best ab workouts as it really works the muscle that controls the flattening of the abdomen. If you need a reference for the Plank Pose, please visit http://strength-training-woman.com/ab-exercise.html
6. Another easy way to tighten your tummy is to do exactly that when you are driving. Tone your abs as you drive – squeeze your belly in and hold for five counts, release and repeat. But do keep your eyes on the road and not on your stomach!
7. The next three tips for abs are yoga poses, which require minimal effort. The first of these is called Salabhasana or the Locust Pose: The technique involves lying on your belly with your chin touching the floor and the soles of your feet pointing up. At the same time, you should keep your arms straight along the body, palms facing upwards and fingers clenched. Inhale slowly and raise your legs, the hips and the lower abdomen in one straight line; the whole weight of the body should rest on your chest and hands. Keep the pose for ten seconds when your try this for the first time and extend the time as long as you can retain your breath. Then, lower your legs slowly, relax all your muscle and exhale. Repeat the process as many times as your can.
8. The second yogic abs solution is called Dhanurasana or the Bow Pose. This technique involves lying on your stomach with your face down. Relax your muscles. Bend your legs at the knees and hold them over the thighs. Hold the ankles firmly with your hands. This could a bit tricky when you try this initially. Raise your head, chest and knees by pulling the legs slowly with your hands so that your body rests on the abdomen and the spin is arched back like a bow. Remain in the pose for as long as you are able to and repeat a few times.
9. The next Yoga technique for reducing a flabby stomach is called Bhujangasana or the Cobra Pose. Again, lie on your stomach as you did in the previous poses, with your face down and keep your feet together and your soles pointed up. Keep your palms on the floor below the shoulders. Inhale, and raise your head, neck, chest and upper abdomen from the navel up. Let your lower body rest on the ground. Strike the pose and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, exhale and return to the position in which you began until your head touches the ground. Repeat this asana or movement as many times as you are comfortable.
10. Possibly the hardest tip to follow if you are a food lover is to maintain a balanced saying. Avoid junk food, soda, fast food, ice cream, and anything else that has a high concentration of calories versus nutrients. The majority of your diet should consist of fresh fruits and vegetables. In the end, your health and your stomach are in your hands. It is true that genetics plays a part in how your stomach looks, but a large part of your ability to maintain an incredible stomach is by choosing healthy habits, attitudes and behaviors. Remember, all it takes is discipline and determination.