Stainless steel is often preferred for kitchen sinks because of its ruggedness, durability, heat resistance, and ease of cleaning. There are advanced models available where acoustic noise is controlled by applying resilient undercoating to dampen vibrations.
Unlike sinks used domestic household, commercial sinks need to be sturdy and hence the gauge of the steel needs to be of much better quality. Simply put they are heavy duty sinks. It gives the perfect wash and prep sink for use in any kitchen, bar, restaurant, laundry, janitorial room, cafeteria, garage etc.
These commercial sinks act as plug and play equipment. There is a wide range of sinks available to choose from based on your requirement, ranging from one to four sinks. Single-compartment styles are ideal for use in compact kitchens, whereas models with multiple wells allow you to rinse, wash, or sanitize dishes. Most popular one has 3 Stainless steel sinks with the original faucet and it will also come with all of the plumbing underneath it so all you have to do is hook it up.
You will also find:
- Mobile soaking sinks. They are ideal for rinsing silverware, small dishware etc
- Under-bar sinks are space-saving solutions for a small kitchen space.
- Hand sinks are essential in any kitchen, labs, hospital etc.
- Mop and utility sinks: Essential in hospitals to make speciality cleaning tasks more efficient.
What should you look out for? Your commercial kitchen sink:
- Must be sturdy and heavy-duty – constructed from 18-gauge stainless steel.
- Should meet strict standards for public health protection.
- Should be of high-quality and long lasting.
- must have high-capacity – three generous basins with plenty of room for washing and rinsing
- Should have pre-drilled holes – in the center and on the tall backsplash to accept a wall-mount faucet, drip channel surrounding all 3 bowls.
- Should be safe with rounded edges and corners for easy cleaning and working comfort
- Should have drain connections.
- Must be convenient for installation.
- Should have legs and braces
- Should have 3 basket strainer drains
- Should have hardware and tools for assembling the same.
These are expensive tools and we definitely expect them to be durable and have a long life time. The quality of installation is crucial in determining the lifespan of stainless steel. It is important to make sure stainless steel is in good condition before installation. Generally, installers give quick clean prior to installation. In fields, such as aerospace, pharmaceuticals and food handling, an extremely high standard of cleanliness is required, so surface contamination and any other such damages must be avoided. A proper maintenance routine gives the life of stainless steel a log life and thus you will get to use your sink for a longer duration.
If treated or stored incorrectly, any grade of stainless steel may discolor or stain. The surface should be cared for regularly for the sinks long life.
We have learnt several reasons why the commercial stainless steels must be maintained well. It’s not just for the appearance but also for health related reasons, the stainless steel must be taken care of. Depending on the climatic conditions, it is carried out between one and ten times per year.
Acid or bleach, rough surfaced scrubs should be avoided. Just dab the cloth with the liquids and wipe the surface clean for a shiny surface. All these are available in our everyday use and hence making the maintenance of the equipment easier.