Sleep deprivation has been a common problem in the world. Most of us go through a hectic lifestyle, which causes so much stress that we tend to suffer from sleep deprivation. Not sleeping properly can cause various long-term diseases. Many studies have even shown that sleep deprivation is often the first stage of depression.
The mattress, which we use while sleeping, tend to affect our sleeping habits severely. If you are sleeping on a mattress, which is not comfortable for your sleeping position, then you can face back problems. Hence, it is essential that you choose the correct mattress for yourself. Most people believe that the memory foam mattress is the best because it is very adaptable. In this article, we will be discussing about the major effects of sleep deprivation and how to get rid of them.
What are the consequences of sleep deprivation on our body?
There are various consequences of sleep deprivation. This is because when someone is not able to sleep properly, their brain does not function as it is supposed to. Hence, many people have experienced a minor loss in their cognitive function because of sleep deprivation. This has severe effects on the various systems of the body. Here are some examples –
- The nervous system – it is essential to sleep well in order to ensure the well-being of the central nervous system because when you sleep, your brain will rest all the neurons and help them to construct new ways for the next day. However, if you are not sleeping well then your brain will never be able to function well, which can result in a lot of damage to the nervous system.
- Immune system – sleep deprivation can cause the weakening of your immune system because when you rest, your immune system releases various kinds of anti-bacterial enzymes, which will enhance the functioning of it.
- Respiratory system – when your immune system is weak because of sleep deprivation, then you become more prone to various kinds of respiratory diseases including flu or cold.
- Digestive system -many studies have revealed that one of the major causes of obesity is sleep deprivation.
How to get rid of sleep deprivation with the help of a new mattress?
It has been established that your quality of sleep will highly depend on the mattress, which you sleep on. In order to ensure that you buy the correct mattress for yourself, make sure that you follow the tips given below –
- Assess your sleeping style – there are various kinds of mattress, which are meant for different kinds of sleeping positions. Hence, assess yours to find the best mattress.
- Avoid box spring – the most popular category of mattresses are the box spring ones, however ensure that this is not your final option because there are other mattresses as well which can prove to be more helpful.
- Test it out – it is important to test the mattress before buying it so that you know the reaction of your body to the mattress.
Hence, sleeping on a great mattress will help you to deal with your sleeping disorders.