Land Surveyors, Home Inspectors and Engineers Weigh In on Important Criteria
McKissock, a leader in continuing education, has compiled the top criteria that land surveying, home inspection and engineer professionals consider when selecting continuing education courses required by states and industry associations.
“We invite everyone to use these criteria to scrutinize their education choices,” says Annie Creek, Market Research and Compliance Specialist at McKissock. “The licensed professionals we work with are required to take courses, but have the freedom to select their education partners. Hopefully we can help shed some light on how continuing education can be enjoyable.”
According to ongoing research among licensed professionals, the following criteria top the list.
- Price – The cost of courses is clearly a top priority. Take the time to compare courses, look into discounted course packages and ask about price matching.
- Relevance – Review home inspection, engineering and land surveying courses with a lens of relevancy. In addition to what’s required, select courses that will make your job easier or better. Education providers should strive to offer classes, webinars and resources that apply directly to your daily tasks.
- Acceptance – Most of the time, professionals seeking continuing education need to meet strict requirements for their state or industry associations. It’s critical to ensure that the courses you take meet their standards and requirements.
- Access – Busy professionals require extra coursework to be quick and easy to find and complete. Consider courses that can be taken on-the-fly at any time.
- Expertise – Don’t be afraid to ask about instructors’ and course authors’ experience in their respective industries. The best courses are almost always written and taught by subject matter experts who have real-world experience.
McKissock is a trusted resource for state-specific, state-approved home inspector, engineer and land surveying courses, regulation information and compliance. McKissock also serves as a resource to stay on top of license renewals. To help remove the potential of license lapse or expiration, McKissock offers a free reminder service that will notify you when your license renewal date is pending. Visit http://reminder.mckedu.com to sign up.
Visit www.mckissock.com and select a state for information on approved land surveying, engineering and home inspection courses. McKissock offers customizable packages, individual courses and affordable webinars.