The thought of the after effects of taking medication instead of a Natural Remedy for Insomnia makes me shudder. Addiction, morning headaches, daytime fatigue, personality changes, memory impairment, impaired concentration, poor judgment, mood disturbances, and in extream cases irregular heartbeat, and high blood pressure. The list goes on and on.
A Natural Remedy for Insomnia, a herbal remedy. Used to cure insomnia and many other ailments for thousands of years these natural remedies are becoming more and more popular with main stream health care professionals.
They are not a quick fix. They will not put you to sleep in minutes or keep you in an artificial coma for hours. Natural remedies for Insomnia are, in the main, more gentle and as a cure offer an ideal alternative to main stream medicine. It is certainly a very large and complex subject, for more detailed advice than we go into here sign up for our article list at the address shown below.
A Natural Remedy for Insomnia may well include one or a blend of the following;
PASSION FLOWER eases anxiety-induced insomnia. Calming and can ease muscle spasms that can be very
painful and keep you awake.
PEPPERMINT Used as a tea it may ease digestion
RED CLOVER Used for years as a tonic. Very relaxing
REISHI MUSHROOM Eases anxiety and calms the nervous system. A help for those with insomnia.
ST. JOHN’S WORT Good for mild depression and anxiety. It improves the quality of sleep
SIBERIAN GINSENG Gives you a lift. Good for the treatment of depression, lethargy and chronic fatigue syndrome
SPEARMINT A few drops on your pillow can be very soothing
THYME Try it as a tea or put a bit into your pillow
VALERIAN Valerian tea is a natural sedative
WOOD BETONY Use it as a substitute for tea
CATNIP Often used in insomnia formulas and as a sleep promoting tea
FLEECE FLOWER ROOT Treatment for deficient blood syndrome
GOTU KOLA Has a calming effect and also improves the circulation
HOELEN Noted for it’s calming, soothing effect
HOPS Relaxing and calming. It also digestion
JASMINE Used as a tea, it’s a mild nerve sedative
JUJUBE (DA T’SAO) Relieves nervous tension and apprehension
KAVA KAVA Very relaxing
LAVENDER Use it in your nightly bath
LEMON BALM Relieves nervous tension
MARSHMALLOW ROOT A calming herb
OAT FIBER Soothing to the digestion and to the nervous system
PASSION FLOWER Eases anxiety-induced insomnia
SAGE Eases depression and is good for the nerves
Whilst this list is incomplete and almost all lists will be a large number of the "Natural Remedy for Insomnia" remedies point to relaxation.
1. Use relaxing music. Keep your favorite relaxation CD at the office, in the car, or wherever you’ll need it most.
2. Walk a while. If you have at least ten minutes to spare, walking is one of the best relaxation
3. Listen to relaxing music. Keep your favorite relaxation CD at the office, or wherever you’ll need it most.
4. Take a walk. This is one of the best relaxation techniques if you have at least ten minutes to spare.
5. Exercise – Find a form of exercise you will enjoy – yoga and tai chi are great for relaxation.
6. Schedule in relaxation time every day – This could be for as little as 30minutes a day or one hour away from the office during lunch time.
7. Get into yoga. This type of exercise puts an emphasis on relaxation.
8. A massage is also a great way to relieve stress from the body. It’s also very conducive to relaxation.
9. Practise this at least twice a day, perhaps on waking and when you go to bed. This will train
your unconscious mind to be able to quickly take you into abdominal breathing and hence relaxation.
I hope some of the above give you food for thought in your hunt for a Natural Remedy for Insomnia.