Compared to food products, beauty products are kind of the wild west of packaging. You know how food products have to display that handy little nutritional guidelines panel on the product label?
Beauty products, not so much. Which is a shame, because your potions and lotions do get absorbed by the skin, and whenever you’re talking about something the body absorbs—whether it’s food or air or makeup—most of us would agree, it kind of matters what’s in it.
The new Natures Gate Rainwater Organics line of beautifully-scented body lotions carries the US Department of Agriculture’s Certified Organic seal, meaning they meet the same stringent standards applied to organic food products.
In order to earn that little circle, 95% of the ingredients used to make these planet-friendly potions had to be organically grown, raised and harvested. And the remaining 5% had to only consist of ingredients allowed by the National Organics Standards Board. Like they say, it’s not easy being green: You gotta fill out a lot of paperwork.
But for you, lucky lotion shoppers of America, it is easy—and cheap: A big bottle like this one (made of recycled material, natch) costs about 8 bucks.