Mattress types are many in today’s world and you will find different options in almost all mattress selling destinations worldwide. Even though there are many options in mattresses that are available today, people always prefer foam mattresses for their bedrooms because of the wonderful benefits they offer.
The best feature of foam mattress is that it automatically regains its shape even after a person with heavy body mass sleeps on it for hours. This feature states the fact that the foam mattress is the durable one, when compared to other mattress types. There are many other disadvantages and advantages and even other factors that are associated with foam mattress and are listed below.
Features of Foam Mattress
Here is a brief description of the features of foam mattresses.
- Memory foam mattresses are designed using a unique kind of foam, which is also known as polyurethane memory foam. The foam type will be neatly dispersed inside the cover made of cotton fabric. Sometimes, the latex or even spring coils will also be used while designing the foam mattress, so as to keep the foam in shape for longer years.
- The latex foams, gel infused and also spring infused are the different kinds of foam mattresses that are available in the market today. You can choose the right mattress for your home based on the type of mattress that you feel comfortable to sleep on.
- When a person sleeps on the foam mattress, the body heat of the person and also the heat present inside the foam mattress distributes in a balanced manner. This makes the foam to distribute as per the shape of the body of the person sleeping on the mattress.
When the weight lifts off from the foam mattress, the foam distributes itself equally throughout the cotton fabric covering the foam. It is just like cradling the body of the person sleeping on the mattress, until the person wakes up and get up from the mattress.
- The duration of every foam mattress will be around 7 to 8 years. Hence, once you buy it, you can enjoy sleeping on comfortable mattress for longer years. With proper maintenance, you can keep your mattress as good as new.
Disadvantages of Using Foam Mattress
There are many disadvantages that are associated with using foam mattresses. Some are listed below.
- The foam mattresses are known to emit certain chemicals to the surrounding environment. When such gases enter the lung area, it can cause serious threat on the breathing system of a person. The mattress might be sitting for longer time in the shop, and this might become the main reason for the emission of chemicals into the surrounding air, when you bring it into your home. Dust the mattress before taking it into your room.
- Most of the mattresses are covered with synthetically prepared mattress covers. Such covers will surely be fire resistant, but can become off gassing than the other mattress types. The manufacturers even use some strong chemicals to make the mattress fire proof, and hence there are chances of the release of gas into the surrounding environment.
- Foam mattresses will not be designed with perfect edge supports. Only some customized mattresses will be designed with the edge support option. Look thoroughly for such support while choosing the readily available foam mattresses from the stores.
The memory foam mattress reviews will shed light on many factors that are associated with the mattress type. You will find both good and bad reviews. However, it is your choice to trust your instinct and go with the right mattress for your home.