Planet Mars is represented by a symbol of a circle with an arrow jutting from it. The circle refers to the bounded potential, a portion of the divine absolute in its primordial essence contained in the personality of the incarnating ego. The arrow projecting from the storehouse of divine energy represents human efforts containing that spiritual essence directed to some spiritual purpose. The urge to breakup the shell, the outer crust of the spirit represented by the circumference is the chief characteristic of Mars.
Planet Mars in Vedic astrology represents or governs all kinds of military men, doctors, physicians, chemists, butchers, barbers, engine drivers and generally all workers in steel, iron and fire fighting.
Mars in Different Signs
Below you will find the various attributes that can be found in the individual based on which house their Mars is placed in:
- Mars in Aries: If Mars is in Aries, the individual will be inspiring, generous, active, powerful and will be good at Mathematics. They will also be blessed with a dark sensual body which may contain a few scars.
- Mars in Taurus: If Mars is in Taurus, the individual will be timid, stubborn and sensitive. They will also have a strong inclination towards sports and magic and will also have a strong animal instinct.
- Mars in Gemini: If Mars is in Gemini, the individual will be ambitious, quick, rash, fearless and tactless. They will also be blessed with a loving family and children and will also be skilled in music.
- Mars in Cancer: If Mars is in Cancer, the individual will be intelligent, wealthy, fickle minded and egoistic. They will also be proficient in the agriculture, medical and surgical fields.
- Mars in Leo: If Mars is in Leo, the individual will be liberal, generous, noble and successful. They will also have an interest in occult science, astrology, astronomy and mathematics and will also have deep love and respect for their parents.
- Mars in Virgo: If Mars is in Virgo, the individual will be self-confident, conceited, boastful and materialistic. Their marriage will usually not be successful and these individuals can also suffer from digestive disorders.
- Mars in Libra: If Mars is in Libra, the individual will be ambitious, perceptive, affable, boastful and will be fond of adulation. They will also be blessed with a tall, symmetrically body and a fair complexion.
- Mars in Scorpio: If Mars is in Scorpio, the individual will be indulgent, clever, malicious, aggressive and haughty. They usually have a medium stature and make great progress in life.
- Mars in Sagittarius: If Mars is in Sagittarius, the individual will be conservative, indifferent, impatient and quarrelsome. They can make a good minister or a statesman and usually have a few children.
- Mars in Capricorn: If Mars is in Capricorn, the individual will be rich, brave, generous, bold, respected and gallant. They can easily attain a high political position and will usually be blessed with many sons.
- Mars in Aquarius: If Mars is in Aquarius, the individual will be unhappy, miserable, poor unwise, controversial and will have a tendency to forget things. These individuals will be in constant danger from water.
- Mars in Pisces: If Mars is in Pisces, the individual will be passionate, restless, faithful and willful. They will have a fair complexion, can have troubles in their love affairs and will also have a few children.
Role of Planet Venus in Vedic Predictions by Moon Signs
Good effects by Mars are bestowed when the planet transits from the third, sixth and the eleventh house when counted from the Janma Rashi. The effects of Jupiter’s transit as it travels through the various houses when counted from the ‘Janma Rashi’ is as follows:
- First House – There is a fear of physical or mental problems.
- Second House – This transit brings about troubles with the eye and loss of money.
- Third House – This transit brings happiness and materialistic gains.
- Fourth House – This transit creates trouble and fear from enemies.
- Fifth House – This transit creates loss of money and sickness.
- Sixth House – This transit brings happiness and materialistic gains.
- Seventh House – This transit gives the poor health and also causes heavy expenditure or loss of money.
- Eighth House – This transit causes fear and also inclines the individual to indulge in acts that are sinful.
- Ninth House – This transit brings about sickness.
- Tenth House – This transit brings about happiness along with some measure of distress.
- Eleventh House – This transit brings about happiness and gain in materialistic possessions.
- Twelfth House – This transit brings about sickness and distress.
Mars is the warrior planet that makes the individual very aggressive and courageous. However, the usual notion that courage is linked with violence is not correct as Mars can also make one stick to the path of non-violence which requires a lot more courage and hence blessing of Mars.