‘From One billion dollars annual US aid for Pakistan Armed Forces, only 25 to 30% amount was spent on armed forces remaining 70% amount was misappropriated by President Musharaf, record of remaining amount is not available, President Parvez Musharaf had also tried to sabotage PPPP lead coalition government, that is why impeachment proceeding are initiated against him, ’ it was unveiled by Co Chairman Pakistan Peoples Party Mr. Asif Ali Zardari in an interview with a British daily.
According to media reports published in national dailies of Pakistan, all the four provincial assemblies elected members of NWFP, Punjab, Baluchistan, and Sindh have passed a resolution demanding fresh vote of confidence for President from electoral college. In result of February 18th polling Pakistan Muslim League (Q) was ousted from power, the said party was created by President Musharaf and it was in majority when president was reelected, president had lost majority support in electoral college with ouster of PML (Q) from power, but he was in uniform and was holding slot of president and Chief of the Army Staff simultaneously, as long as he was in his military uniform his opponents were running the risk of their lives while opposing him, tables were soon turned on him when he had appointed General Ishfaq Parvez Kyani as Chief of Army Staff, and became civilian president of Pakistan. In fact he by himself was unable to comprehend that he had lost his mandate as president in result of February 18th polling, in result of which he had lost majority support in his electoral college, after getting retired from his Army role constitutionally he was no one in Pakistan during last few months of his rule.
Media reports reflect that Mr. Parvez Musharaf has realized that in case of impeachment he will loose all the benefits like pension and other privileges and facilities which he is entitled to receive as ex president and retired chief of the army staff of Pakistan, now he is seriously thinking to resign from his office. Interestingly during his tenure he had denied pension to elected prime minister of Pakistan, correspondents of government news agency APP were forced to work for the organization without decent salaries, pension and medical insurance. He was good in creating feelings of uncertainty among people of Pakistan.
Prime Minister Gailani in his independence day speech has said that Pakistan will continue its war on terror, being legitimate and elected leader of Pakistan, premier Gailani is a real support for US lead war on terror, a dictator can not gain support of the masses for a cause, elected representatives can do that. Due to oppressive and tyrannical attitude of anti US Taliban leadership, people are increasingly becoming critical of Taliban militants, whom are involved in disrupting supplies and services to punish public for not voting in favor of Islamic political parties during previous election held in February.