There’s no doubt that professional tools empower us, providing we use them. In the virtual world, the more you know, the more you grow. If you want to become a virtual assistant, knowing what those tools are and using them, will make all the difference in your business, no matter what industry or field you are in.
The best of the best virtual assistants will always have the right tools. They know which tools make their job easier and this gives them more confidence and freedom.
Let’s take a quick look at what are some of the tools that empower the virtual assistant and virtual assistant companies.
Best tools for the virtual assistant
There are many tools to the trade. Here are a few of the most common needs of a virtual assistant:
- The custom email name and signature template is a terrific start to gain the attention of prospective clients. You can customize your batch to meet your brand, so that you’ll get better results from a target audience, plus improve your business’ professional image.
- An online storage facility to safely drop, and retrieve documents. The software should be compatible with a desktop, including other wireless devices, such as a tablet or smartphone.
- The dreaded alarm clock can come in handy. Most computer software programs and smartphones come with a calendar, alarm clock and timer to schedule tasks, conference calls, and meetings. They are really easy to set up and can become best friends with the virtual secretary.
- If you have to make multiple posts to several social media sources, there are amazing schedulers available online. You can reach several outlets simultaneously and within seconds, your job is done! Use the time now to complete other equally as important jobs.
- Staying in touch with clients in other countries doesn’t have to be scary. Long ago, a call to another country would cost an arm and a leg. Use voice tools (VOIP) to make and receive calls. The system can dub as a voice mail for after-hours calling.
- Making phone calls with a headset on will relieve tension from the neck and shoulders. Your headset should be lightweight and have a noise reduction microphone, plus allow you to move around without having to take the headset off.
- I can’t remember the last time I had to fax something. However, there are those rare occasions that I must. In this case, I’d recommend employing the use of an online fax solution. Most are really inexpensive and the best feature is that you don’t need to own another bulky machine.
- An automated email system will increase business awareness, among other things. The market is flooded with applications even for the mobile phone but look for one that includes an autoresponder. This is totally invaluable for the virtual assistant or virtual assistant companies.
- If blogging is a part of your duties, then you need an image maker. It bothers me when I can’t post a picture… the perfect picture, because it doesn’t meet the standards, or it looks awkward among the others. With the ability to enlarge or make smaller photos, you’ll win more brownie points with your clients.
These are the essential tools every virtual assistant need to become empowered and to increase their productivity. Without these tools, things can get harder, and they’ll easily get burned out without seeing the desired results.