If you have been doing business for a while, it is essential for you to be aware of the importance of having a comprehensive data backup and recovery plan in place. Most home computer users don’t have to have an expensive backup solution as they can simply transfer important files or pictures to an external hard drive or USB time to time or use a cheap cloud solution, which are offered these days. The same cannot be said for a business.
There is a lot of valuable data stored on PCs used in organizations and the loss of it can be a serious blow to any business. As long as the software has these features, it can prove to be useful for backup and recovery purposes. One such option is the Acronis Office 365 backup that can come in handy for ensuring that business communications remain undisrupted in the case of data loss. It is built on proven and best-in-class technologies that are trusted by more than 500,000 businesses worldwide and powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine. A business can enjoy fast, safe and reliable backup offerings with this program as it encrypts your data and keeps it protected even in transit. Installing it takes only a few simple steps and doesn’t require any expertise at all. You can rest assured that your data is properly backed up and can be recovered in case of any problem.
There are a number of causes of data loss and they can be divided into different categories, some of which are outlined below:
- Human Errors: First and foremost, humans make mistakes and these mistakes can lead to data loss for a business. There could be errors in administering databases or a file or files can be deleted accidentally. Likewise, backup devices like USBs or hard drives may be misplaced.
- Crimes: Another reason for data loss is criminal activity. Cyber-crimes have become quite common these days and there have been numerous reports of industrial espionage, hacking, phishing and thievery that all involve stealing of valuable information.
- Natural Causes: There are some natural causes that can also wipe out your data such as hardware failures, power failures, software bugs or even a sudden software freeze or crash.
- Disasters: While these may also fall under natural causes, they are categorized separately because they don’t occur that frequently. Floods, tornados, earthquake and fire are some of the disasters that can result in data loss for a business.
Yes, important information is lost, but you also have to account for the valuable work hours that are spent in trying to recover it. Therefore, every business needs to have an effective data backup and recovery strategy in place, which involves a software program. Today, there are plenty of options that businesses can find, but the best program should comprise of the following features:
- Frequent backups to ensure no information is lost if the system goes down.
- Cloud backup services as this is highly effective in the case of fire and flood.
- Custom solutions for businesses, as needs can vary.
- Instant recovery because time is money for a business and the less time it takes for data recovery, the quicker a business can get back on its feet.
- Reliable customer service that can be helpful in providing you access to cloud backup when data is lost.
In today’s technological age, information is one of the greatest assets of any business and losing it can put it at risk. The problem is that most businesses only realize the importance of backup and recovery when they have already suffered a loss once.