SEO has become such a buzz word in recent times with everyone scrambling to implement it on their websites, but unfortunately the sad fact is that most people have no idea exactly what it entails and for the few who know what it is and its importance an improving the visibility of your website on search engines, fewer still know how to implement it successfully. For starters it is always a good idea to engage professionals who are experienced in carrying out SEO for clients so that you can get to that coveted top spot on Search Engine Results Pages.
Therefore you need to engage the professionals who have the best knowledge of SEO and how to use it effectively for the good of your enterprise. But over and above that you too need to know as much as you can about the whole subject of SEO, so that you can be in a better position to not only ask smart questions but to be able to conduct this process on your own to some extent long after the professionals have picked up their lap tops and left.
SEO a Dynamic Field
This being a very dynamic field and also being a mixture of art and science there are always a whole host of things which change constantly but the basic always remain the same and that is the fact that you want to engage as many people as possible on your websites web pages and convince them to purchase your product. That is the whole idea and in this article we will explore some of the steps that you can take in that direction.
- Outbound Links – This is the surest way to building up your organic SEO profile but it is a daunting task and that is why it is very important that you get this the first time round so that you can proceed well, going forward. To make the overall interaction of users with your content more useful you need to link to websites that are authorities on the subject that you are talking about.
This means that you need a service like KottonGrammer | Orlando SEOto help you link with those websites in order to give people a more in depth reading on the subject. This link building has its other advantages too; it will allow your website to be ranked higher by search engine robots and this definite plus inn your efforts to being ranked highly in the SERPs. Remember here that the quality of the links is what matters and not the number of links; too many links can risk a penalty.
- Scanability –Make your content easy to read and this means that you should make sure that your break up your content with graphs, bullet points, images and sub headers in order to make the content easily readable and interesting enough for people to engage with it for longer and hopefully be converted into undertaking the action that you intend them to.
The other aspect is that you need to make sure that your content is readable and that it means that you need to use language that a vast cross section of the population can understand, the point is that you should not write content that can only be consumed by PHD holders or at the very least advanced degree holders.
- Formatting–Proper formatting means taking full advantage of all the tools that are available to make the content easy on the eye. This is all designed to enhance readability of the content and generally make the whole user experience good enough to make sure that the website user will not only keep coming back for more but also will be more likely to share the same on social media bookmarking websites such as Twitter or Facebook.
So how exactly do you go about this process? Use a font and font size and typography that is easily readable. Use bolding and colors only where it is necessary, use short paragraphs, bullet pints or numbering and the like to make the reading of the content easy and natural.
- Contact Page – This is an often overlooked aspect of the website which can have a big bump on the SEO efforts that you are trying to implement. The contact form is the one avenue through which you will have real human interactions with users who are interacting with your website.
Therefore you must make sure that it is working and not only that but also that every correspondence is answered in this way you can be sure that the readers on your website will spend more time interacting with your content, knowing full well that if they have any queries their queries will be answered by a real human being.
- Architecture & Navigation–This goes hand in hand with the usability of the website. Your visitors want to get the information that they need as soon as possible and if you fail to make the access to this information easy for them than you can be sure that they will leave your website faster than they came in. Clear navigation is the key and a flat architecture that is intuitive will go a long way in making sure that this happens.
So if you need to redefine your business in this day and age it is important for starters to take advantage of the services of the professionals to make sure that you get everything in order in terms of your SEO tactics. Additionally, you need to invest some time in reading and making sense of all that is SEO related and thanks to the internet you can be up to speed with the basics of how all this works fairly quickly.
It is important to note that this process is eventual and by that it means that you design a campaign, run it, scan the results, identify the areas that require you to improve on and then continue forth with the same and on and on and on. Looping and repeating the process over and over again to make sure you get to the point in which you are dominating the SERPs.