Visiting enemy website is not considered by many a particularly interesting past time. In fact, let me clue you in on something, it is boring as hell sometimes. But it does give you valuable insights to what the enemy is up to, what he is thinking and how he is going about his job of intelligence work.
WELCOME COMRADE !
In this case I visited the Russian Foreign Intelligence website (http://svr.gov.ru/) as part of investigation on how the spy service recruits new agents.
On this occasion we found some very interesting documents, including an online application form and questionnaire.
One page welcomes visitors to the site this way:
“Dear visitor SVR of Russia!”
“If you are young, a Russian citizen who sincerely love their country and you are attracted by the romance intelligence profession, this section will help you learn how to become a member of the Foreign Intelligence Service of Russia. Our service was a heroic battle path, and is deservedly considered one of the best intelligence in the world. This made her unique people – known and unknown spies, professionals who have special qualities. Exploration has always been and remains a highbrow occupation that requires complete dedication, perseverance and determination in solving complex problems in various parts of the world.
That is why Russia is interested in the RAF completion of its staff of talented, well educated, fluent in foreign languages, physically healthy, brave and active young patriots.
To get the service of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service is not easy. To do this, go through a long and complex professional selection. Only the best of the best are eligible to become operational intelligence, and continue the glorious traditions of our services.
Please read carefully the information about the service in the exploration, requirements for employees in order of receipt SVR Russia and careful consideration. Just making sure that you consciously want to become an officer, intelligence officer, you have the necessary qualities for this, unsure of their choice and are ready to pass the test of professional selection – go for it. Road by walking!”
It was interesting to note the appeal to patriotism and service to the Motherland in this case. The Russian are, of course, very good at this sort of thing and every year attracts the best and brightest to its rank and file.
“To solve the problems facing the intelligence SVR Russia uses the most advanced means and methods of intelligence activities, based on the achievements of science and technology in various fields of knowledge. But the main force of the Service is its human potential – the military and civilian intelligence. Not all employees of the Service are human intelligence. There are many representatives of the ordinary working of civilian and military specialties that provide activities SVR of Russia as a federal body of executive power. But the professional person determines the intelligence of its operational staff, to which special requirements, including the presence of a special intelligence training, high educational level and the special personal qualities. Modern Russian intelligence bears little resemblance to the hero spy thriller. Labor Scout today – is a continuous and persistent search for optimal solutions to the problems of security and national interests of Russia. Although the profession is not devoid of intelligence romance, this field is not for those seeking fame or big money. To effectively carry out their duties, the scout must be a qualified expert on a wide range of foreign policy, economic, scientific and technical issues, fluent in several foreign languages. All this, if necessary allows him to quickly become an expert in a particular area of interest for exploration. The work of intelligence requires the mobilization of intellectual and often physical strength, endurance, stress resistance, will and courage. It becomes clear from the existing one in the Russian tradition of exploration – the presence of the institute of military service on a contractual basis for the RAF staff officers in Russia. They are covered by the relevant Russian laws regulating its passage, including establishing the duties, restrictions and benefits for military personnel. The Scout must possess many qualities that other areas of life and activity is not necessarily paramount. The most important of these include: devotion to the Motherland, a developed sense of duty, perseverance and creativity to fulfill their duties, excellent memory, analytical mind, ability to make correct decisions in complex situations, to exercise reasonable initiative and calculated risks, the ability to span attention to the study of foreign languages, communication, internal discipline, integrity, decency and honesty in a relationship with management and colleagues. Job Scout includes elements of different types of human activity. In his work often uses intelligence methods and techniques used by representatives of different professions – politicians, businessmen and scientists. This opens up endless opportunities for self-actualization and intellectual improvement. Intelligence officers may be directed to travel to any region of the world where it is necessary to protect the interests of Russia. Therefore, all coming to serve in the intelligence must be willing to work under unusual and sometimes severe climate in countries with a troubled situation, or even in crisis situations. This necessitates first passing a thorough medical and psychological screening.
Job Scout is not easy, but all the difficulties that employees meet Russian Foreign Intelligence Service in its path, helping to overcome a strong belief in the necessity of our work for the homeland, recognition of achievements and leadership colleagues. This contributes to a large extent created by the Service by generations of scouts special moral climate. We have no room for arrogance and conceit, selfishness and neglect of people. All scouts – veterans and young people – belong to a cohesive intelligence fraternity and always ready to help someone. The country’s leadership appreciates the contribution of Russian Foreign Intelligence Service to the security and national interests of the Russian Federation. Given the complexity, high intensity and the intensity of the scouts, state employees provide services worthy of pay, quality health care and other benefits, relying military. In the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service focuses on solving the housing and social problems of their employees. In Russia the SVR-accumulative mortgage system housing. Officers and members of their families have good opportunities for physical activity, sport and recreation…”
Such information is useful in finding out the reasons why someone choices to serve as a foreign intelligence agent in Russia.
In another link the website gives the exact requirements for a prospect seeking application in the Russian foreign intelligence service:
“Foreign Intelligence Service officer of the Russian Federation may become a Russian citizen, capable in their personal and professional qualities, age, education and health to carry out its responsibilities. To candidates for military service (work) in the SVR Russia imposed strict requirements, due to the specifics of, access to information constituting state secrets and other secrets protected by law. Therefore, the number of employees in the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service selected the people you can trust and be confident in their unconditional devotion to the Fatherland and their profession. Citizen, entering the military service under the contract shall conform to the requirements in terms of:
– Education (Higher);
– Training (must have an appropriate level of training required for successful performance of official duties).
Citizen, entering the military service under the contract must comply with medical and psychological requirements of the professional military service in the RAF in Russia. To determine compliance with the requirements of the candidate conducted a medical examination and activities of professional psychological selection.
In order to determine fitness for military service for health reasons a candidate is sent to a medical examination, conducted military-medical commission. Please note that for military service under the contract may be adopted citizen, found fit for military service, or fit for military service with minor restrictions.
Candidates are required to undergo a professional psychological selection. In the course of its estimated level of intellectual development, psychological readiness to perform military service, quick thinking, communication, neuro-psychological stability, and other professionally relevant to military service (work) the quality of the surveyed citizens. The professional suitability of a candidate is determined for a particular type of activity.
Acceptance of women in the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service in the military service under the contract as operational staff is limited to the specific duties performed due to the high physical, psychological, emotional stresses and is regulated by the list of positions to be filled in the SVR Russian military-mostly women in clerical work, administrative and business activities .
With regard to the candidate with his consent, conducted verification activities related to admission to information constituting state secrets and other secrets protected by law.”
I’m glad to see the Russian are an equal opportunity employer when it come to women within its rank, although they are relegated to support staff in many cases.”
THESE PEOPLE NEED NOT APPLY FOR SERVICE WITH SVR
The Russians are very pragmatic in their approach to recruiting spies.
In one link they are very clear on those people who do not qualify for service in the SVR:
“In accordance with the law “On foreign intelligence,” “On Military Duty and Military Service,” “On State Secrets”, “On Civil Service of the Russian Federation” can not become a citizen of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service officer of the Russian Federation, which is:
– Recognized as incapable or partially incapable by a court, which entered into force;
– Refuses to undergo the procedure of registration for admission to the information constituting a state or other secrets protected by law;
– A citizen of a foreign state;
– Refuses to check the activities and (or) reported a false personal data or information is false documents;
– Refuses to provide the information specified by law or provides false information about income, assets and property obligations;
– A permanent resident, he and (or) has close relatives residing abroad;
– Prepares himself, and (or) has close relatives, drawing up documents for departure for permanent residence in other states;
– Recognized the results of medical examinations partially fit for military service is temporarily unfit for military service, or unfit for military service;
– Is recognized as a result of professional psychological selection unfit for military service (work) under the contract in SVR of Russia, including in the case of repeated use of narcotic or other psycho-active substances;
– Does not meet the age, education (specialty or area of training), health, personal and business qualities of the requirements established in the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service to carry out duties and conditions of military service (work).
The contract for military service (work) can not be concluded with the citizens in respect of which: convicted and sentenced, is an inquiry or preliminary investigation, the criminal case goes to trial. Can not become members of the Foreign Intelligence Service Russian citizens who have unexpunged or outstanding conviction for the offense, as well as serving a sentence of imprisonment.”
A LISTING OF FORGED DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED WHEN APPLYING
“A decision to consider the possibility of a citizen as a candidate for entry into military service (work) in the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service, he must submit:
personally completed the questionnaire ( main and supplementary );
4×6 color photo;
photocopy of passport (page with photograph and registration);
photocopy of the diploma of professional education and its annexes;
copy of extracts from the record-book (for those not having completed vocational training).
These documents may be sent by registered mail by the Russian Post at the Foreign Intelligence Service of the Russian Federation, p / 510, Main Post Office, Moscow, 101000, or personally handed to the Press Bureau of the Foreign Intelligence Service of Russia, located at: Moscow, St. . Ostozhenka d.51/10 (map) .
Complaints of citizens relating to the receipt of military service (work) in the SVR of Russia, directed by electronic communication channels (fax, email, etc.) are not considered. Within one month of receipt of documents personnel office will contact with the citizens, a summary of which are of interest to Russian Foreign Intelligence Service.”
DON’T FORGET THE APPLICATION FORM, which looks something like this:
Approved by Government Order
Russian Federation on May 26, 2005 N 667-p
(To be filled with his own)
A. ______________________ Surname
Middle Name _____________________
2. If the changed name,
Name or the first name, then enter them a as when, where and on What due to changed
3. Day, month, year and place
of birth (village, village, town, area, area edge, Republic, a country)
4. Citizenship (if changed, indicate when and on What reason, if have citizenship of another state – Specify)
5. Education (when and which training Institutions completed, number of diplomas)
Direction training or Diploma in specialty
Qualification for the Diploma
Professional Education: graduate school, adjuncture, Doctorate (Name of educational or Research institution, year of graduation). Degree, academic the title of (When assigned, Room , diplomas, certificates)
7. What foreign languages peoples and languages Russian Federation of own and in What degree (reading and translate
with vocabulary, reading, and can explained, fluent).
8. Cool rank Federal, Civil services, diplomatic rank military or special the title, class rank of law enforcement Service class grade, Civil Service subject, Russian Federation, qualifying discharge, Civil Service (who and when assigned)
9. Have you and your family. Relatives tried (when and for what).
10. Tolerance to state, secrecy, designed for period of, work Service study, to Form Number and date.
11. Responsibilities since the beginning of labor of (Including studies in higher and specialized secondary schools, military service, work on part-time, business activities, etc…). When completing this paragraph must be name organizations as they called at the time, military service record indicating the position and numbers of the military unit. Month and year, revenues care, Post with an indication of the organization
(In m. H. Abroad)
12. State awards, other awards and decorations
13. Your close relatives (father, mother, brothers, sisters and children) and her husband (Wife), including the former.
If the family changed the last name, first name, you must also specify their former last name, first name.
First, the number
month and location
(Name and address of the organization) post
14. Your close relatives (father, mother, brothers, sisters and children) and her husband (Wife), including the former residing abroad and (or) to draw up documents for departure on permanent residence in another
(Surname, first name, how long they live abroad)
15. Stay abroad (when, where and for what purpose) ________________________
16. Attitude to military service and military rank ________________________
17. Home address (the address register, the actual residence), phone number
(Or any other form of communication) _________________________________________________________
18. Passport or a document substituting ______________________________________
(Serial number, by whom and when granted)
19. Availability of passport _____________________________________________
(Serial number, by whom and when granted)
20. Number of insurance evidence mandatory
(If any) ________________________________________________________________
21. TIN (if any) ________________________________________________________
22. For more information (participation in the elected representative bodies, other
information you wish to tell about themselves) __________________________________
23. I am aware that false information given by a currently in the questionnaire, and discrepancy between my qualifications may result in denial of participation in competition and applying for the position.
At the holding in respect of me verification measures agreed
‘__’ __________ 20__ date.
Photo and data on employment, military M. P., service and learning about make out people match identity documents, records in employment record, documents on education and military service.
“__” _________ 20__ d.
(Signature, name of employee staffing services)