Keeping your customers satisfied is one of the primary goals that all companies around the world want to achieve. A growing number of satisfied customers is the perfect foundation in all lines of work, however, it takes a lot of time, creativity and organization to make that goal a reality. When you offer great support, the customers are satisfied, but they perceive it as something granted to them for using your services, but if you fail to deliver good customer support, there’s a good chance that they are going to leave your business. This is why it is important to continually invest in creating the best customer support database for your beloved customers.
The beneficial scope of knowledge base
Knowledge base is a perfect tool that is going to enable your customer support team to create the perfect support for your website. The old systems, that is website pages, require IT staff to perform maintenance. Every single customer support update needs much more to come into effect while a knowledge base is much easier to use and manage, not to mention that all of the changes become immediate and accessible by your customers.
Due to the fact that the software is easy to use, your customer support team is going to become much more efficient with solving the problems for the users. It is also cost-effective, as customers are able to solve problems by finding a solution on their own.
One of the best benefits for the whole business is the fact that creating this type of knowledge base is going to significantly improve the trust and loyalty that you are going to establish with all of your customers. This is a very important step, as achieving a high number of returning customers is the key to business growth.
What are the necessary steps?
The goal of a customer service is to provide answers to all of the questions that people who use your products or services might have for you. Achieving this goal requires a lot of effort and these are some of the necessary steps that you have to take if you truly want to offer an effective self-service knowledge base.
- Constant research – Knowledge base software offers a variety of data that can be monitored. This means that you can see which parts of your customer support data people are finding useful and what changes you can make to further improve other parts of content. By following data, you are going to be in a position to significantly improve the way you are appealing to your customers.
- Expressions – Get into your client’s perspective, there is no need to use complicated expressions that your users might find confusing. Simply stick to the terms important for your product or service and rely on simple, everyday language. This will break down the formal barrier between you and your customers, which can increase loyalty even further. Don’t exaggerate though, there is no need to include slang in your customer service, so keep the voice of your content friendly and respectful.
- Hierarchy – This is an important part of all customer service pages. It is necessary to organize all of the data appropriately, so that the person who ends up in customer support can easily navigate to find the appropriate solution. The usual method to go with is the formation of categories and subcategories, as this is how a majority of people are going to search for a solution to their problem.
- Think ahead – In majority of cases, solving one problem does not mean that the whole issue is resolved. This is why it is important to include links to other customer service entries that can help with any additional problems that come up. Many people end up calling support because another problem has emerged after they had found a solution to a particular issue. Thinking ahead in situations like these can dramatically lower the amount of calls that your customer support is currently receiving.
- Revision before publishing – Many companies do not thoroughly revise their content before it is published. It is necessary to revise content several times, ensuring that it provides a solution to the problem that you are writing about.
- Variety of content – It is necessary to include all forms of content in order to deliver a high quality solution to people. All of this depends on the type of the issue that is being explained. Some solutions are better explained with follow up images, whereas others are better to show with a video. Make sure to use text, video and images, the customers are going to love it.
These are the necessary steps if you want to create a self-service knowledge base that your customers are going to love.
What’s in it for the customers?
The majority of people nowadays are busy and are often lacking time. They love solving any problems they might encounter in as little time as possible, especially if a problem is caused by a simple product they have purchased. Creation of a self-service knowledge base greatly speeds up the process of finding the solution to any type of problem that might occur.
No one likes spending time calling the customer support line, as it can be quite stressful – it is much easier to go online and find a solution in a matter of seconds. The accessibility of all the important information is going to keep the customer with your business for a long time.
If you are looking for a way to reduce the customer support call costs, and improve both your team’s efficiency and customer loyalty, it is necessary to constantly invest time in perfecting your company’s self-service knowledge base. Over time, the amount of information gathered and shared with your loyal customers is going to cover the majority of solutions, allowing for high user satisfaction.
Creating a good self-service knowledge base takes time, but the end result is an increasing amount of people who are going to enjoy working with your brand.