Seven Success Skills from Jesus
Book Extract from: The Little Manual of Success
Author: Vikas Malkani
Publisher: Unicorn Books (www.pustakmahal.com)
One of the great leaders of our world has to be Jesus Christ. Today, over two thousand years after his death, his teachings are continuing to transform people all over the planet as are those of the many other spiritual masters of our world.
Jesus led a team of twelve to reach out and influence the whole world. He was highly motivated himself and carried a
self-belief so strong that it stood firm even in physical torture and immense pain. He used tried and tested management and leadership principles to motivate his team to reach their chosen goals with focus and persistence. In the face of tremendous opposition, he persevered and continued to perform his actions passionately till he reached his goals.
You need only to look at a world-transforming personality such as Jesus to see the beliefs and awareness necessary for manifesting both inner and outer success. As you follow his life, right from his childhood years onwards, you will realise that:
1. Jesus respected the law of sowing and reaping. He knew that everything begins with a seed to sow; that the seed you sow can create the future God has promised you. The seeds you sow today determine the manifestation of your future.
2. Jesus had a passionate commitment to his cause. He clearly expressed his vision with total self-belief. He always believed he had his father (God) with him. He continued to believe and follow his vision even when others didn’t.
3. Jesus took decisive action. He was always working to create new ways of thinking; he was always thinking of new ways to share his vision and dreams with his team and those around him. He was a man not only of words, but also of constant action.
4. Jesus believed in discipline. He knew that true leadership requires restraint and his life was an example of this
quality. He first disciplined himself and then expected others to follow.
5. Jesus saw things differently. His beliefs and ideas were not always in agreement with the society around him. He saw the whole picture, the long view. He was bold. He was willing to go where he had never been before. He saw things that could be, and should be, and worked to make them a reality.
6. Jesus worked through his fears. He knew that everyone feels fearful about something. And that the best way to conquer fear was to constantly move forward.
In addition, he accepted fear as an ever-present fact of life but refused to be halted by it. He simply refused to be discouraged when others misjudged his motives.
He knew that success is on the other side of scorn and false accusations.
7. Jesus believed in the power of prayer. He prayed often, and in gratitude. He connected back constantly with his higher source. He asked for guidance and help openly. He kept in regular touch with his boss, his Creator. He had internal anchors that he sought his strength and determination from. He was centred within himself and guarded his valuable energy, his inner core. Jesus lived in an attitude of gratitude.
And yes, underscoring these seven skills was the fact that Jesus always followed his heart. It was the voice within, that direct connection with his soul, which led him to go beyond limits. Jesus had all the traits of a successful individual because he lived the way he chose. He listened to the call of his heart.
That is the way successful people have to live. They have to follow the voice that emanates from the inner recesses of their hearts—a voice that tells them what is the right thing to do, despite many temptations and other odds and obstacles along the way.
So get going—it’s an exciting arena out there and you can easily win.
Seven Success Skills from Jesus