It does make a lot of sense for you to look at all ways to sell your house as fast as possible. Whether you need the money in a hurry or not, there isn’t much sense in holding on to a property simply because you have not invested in a few smart ways and made the right moves to sell your house.
In fact, keeping a property on the market for a very long time can:
- Bring down its value.
- Cause physical problems to the infrastructure as well because it will not be maintained.
- Put a lot of pressure on you to reduce the price and
- Over a period of time can even cause the property to be declared as unsaleable.
Looking for a real estate agent
If you do not have the time to invest in taking all the effort necessary for selling the house, you really should look for a fabulous real estate agent. Such an agent can work as per your requirements and ensure that the house gets sold really fast. The biggest advantage of this move will be that you can look forward to a quick house sale because the real estate agent will have a vast network of people to tap into for advertising the availability of your house. Plus yes, there is the commission payable to the agent so it is in their best interest to move really quickly.
Doing it yourself
If you are confident of selling your house by yourself, you should go for it. But do remember that you will have to do everything by yourself:
- Advertise your house.
- Find buyers and talk to them – think negotiations.
- Draw up all the paperwork.
- Oversee the financial transactions and so on.
Plan your campaign
Treat the sale of your house like a well-crafted campaign. This means that you have to think of:
- People – where are your buyers?
- Promotion – how will you reach them?
- Pricing – your property has to be priced absolutely right.
Finding the widest possible market for your property is essential. Start with your neighbours and ask them whether they would like to buy your house. This will cost you nothing – you simply have to ask! They can also help put the word around amongst their own network of people too.
Promoting the fact that your property is available for sale is essential. You can choose to tell everybody you know about this. You can also:
- Take out an advertisement in the local papers.
- Create your own website for the house and manage enquiries.
- Use social media accounts to talk about it.
- Place a ‘for sale’ sign in front of your house.
- Tap into websites and portals that are dedicated to the sale of property.
- Join forums associated with property and real estate discussions.
Here is a smart tip: talk to property management companies in your location too.
And another smart tip – put a magnetic sign on your car window. So wherever you drive around, people will see your ‘property for sale’ sign.
Time it right
Another smart way to ensure that your house sale goes through quickly is to time the release of your advertisements perfectly. Most people prefer to sell their house during the summers. This is simply because families are on a break and have lots of time to go around to see properties at leisure. You may also get more offers immediately because there are more people viewing your property.
Cleaning your house
Yes, you would already know the importance of keeping your house clean so that potential buyers feel a ‘positive vibe’ for the space. But it is also important to de-clutter it. So invest in a storage unit or even a temporary home somewhere or ask a friend for space. Take out all the junk and clutter and whisk it away somewhere. This is even more important if your home has smaller space to offer.
- Mow the lawn and trim the hedges and ensure all your plants look healthy.
- Paint your front door, mailbox, porch etc.
- Ensure all the lights, fans, HVAC is in working condition.
- Wash all glass surfaces – windows, door panes etc.
- Replace any broken tiles or chipped surfaces.
Even the tiniest flaw will get highlighted by a buyer, perhaps more so because your house is empty.
Your listing can take the form of YouTube videos, flyers, signs and Facebook posts but you have to include vital details in all of them. Take high-quality photographs and use the same. Make your content fascinating. Yes, you will have to list the essential details but then why not use the space to talk about a special feature of the house? Videos are great material too. People get a chance to see the house like a virtual walk-through and hear you talk about the house too.