Askar Wataniah is paramilitary armed forces conduct by Malaysia Armed Forces. They was suspected recruiting young Indonesia men which live in the border of Indonesia and Malaysia at Borneo Island. Even many were sceptical about this recruitment which caused by economical situation faced by community along the Indonesia Border, Our men will joint the neighbour armed forces.
Here are few information about the Askar Wataniah paramilitary force:
· Personnel amount about 45,000 people
In year 2020, the personnel will doubling in twice amount to 80,000 and will tripled at emergency hours.
· Consist of 16 brigade spread among the Malaysia country such as : Johor, Selangor, Perak, Perlis, Pahang, Kalimantan, Kinabalu, Negeri Sembilan, P. Penang, Sibu, Kuching, Terengganu, Kedah, Melaka, Kuala Lumpur, and Sabah.
· Members are Malaysia citizen form age 18~37
· Recruitment training for 30 days or 240 hours conclude: wars skill, tactical and weaponry used.
· During the training, each members will receive Ringgit 48~68 per days for 12 hours training.
(source : RI embassy in Malaysia)
Are they sure if they recruiting Indonesia citizen for their paramilitary army? Is it because of economic condition make them joint neighbour army? Are they sure that Malaysia didn’t plan anything?