Recently Pakistan Government has agreed to enforce Islamic law in North West Frontier Province (NWFP). The decision was taken in concession for peace in the Swat valley area. The agreement was signed between NWFP government and the Tehrik-e-Nifaz-e-Shariah Mohammadi (TNSM). It deny to accept all all legislation that goes against Shariah or Islamic law. Now there is 10-day ceasefire by the Pakistani Taliban in the Swat valley just after the announcement.
Important points of the agreement below was signed from the representatives of the Northwest Frontier Province and representatives of Fazlullah’s Taliban. The major points of the agreement are as follows:
• Shariah law would be imposed in the Swat and Malakand districts;
• The Pakistani Army will gradually withdraw security forces from the region;
• The government and the Taliban would exchange prisoners;
• The Taliban would recognise the writ of the government and cooperate with security forces;
• The Taliban would halt attacks on barber and music shops;
• The Taliban cannot display weapons in public;
• The Taliban would turn in heavy weapons (rockets, mortars);
• The Taliban cannot operate training camps;
• The Taliban would denounce suicide attacks;
• A ban would be placed on raising private militias;
• The Taliban will cooperate with the government to vaccinate children against diseases like polio;
• Fazlullah’s madrassa, the Imam Dherai, would be turned into an Islamic university;
• Only licensed FM radio stations would be allowed to operate in the region;
• The Taliban would allow women to "perform their duties at the work place without any fear."