Exercise should be an important part of everyone’s day. Often finding the time to do a full exercise routine is not easy. There are some simple things you can do to add exercise to your day.
1. One very easy way to add exercise to your day is by walking while talking on the phone. When your Mom calls and wants to talk for a while, make the best of it. You can get in plenty of extra steps in a 30 minute phone call!
2. Doing isometric exercises while cooking is a great way to tone the muscles. You are standing at the stove anyway so why not tighten those hamstrings and reduce those thighs at the same time.
3. Another easy way to add exercise to your day and keep the house looking great is by vacuuming. It doesn’t take long to vacuum a few rooms of your house, but you will get a workout doing it.
4. Dancing while cleaning is another way to add exercise to the day. Dusting is a lot more fun when doing it to your favorite song!
5. Do the high march when walking from room to room. You may get funny looks if anyone else is home, but high stepping or marching are exercises that will definitely burn extra calories so go for it.
6. Then you have the tried and true advice of parking farther from any stores you are going into. Take this one step further by parking at the very back of the parking lot. Or, parking at one end of a strip or outlet mall and walking the whole time, only returning to your car at the end of the day when it’s time to go home.
7. Get the kids and pets involved in the action by dancing around the room with them. Holding a 20 pound cat or 40 pound child while dancing for 20 minutes is definitely a workout!
8. An exciting way to add more exercise to the day is by having sex more often with your partner. This one will not only help you but the significant other also!
9. Playing games with your children is a great way to add exercise to the day. Play one game of tag and you will surely get in a workout!
10. Another idea for adding exercise is to take a walk after dinner each night with your spouse or the whole family. It will give you time to unwind from the day, share news in each others’ lives, and get in some extra steps.
As you can see none of these are hard. Most anyone can incorporate at least part of this list into their day. Adding even a few minutes or steps to your day will help. You will eventually feel like doing even more and a routine will develop which is what leads to making exercise a staple in your life.