As technology continues to improve, people are increasingly opting for cosmetic procedures. After all, many will not only help address problem areas and make people love what they see in the mirror, they successfully help turn back the clock on aging. In fact, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), there were $12.6 billion spent on cosmetic procedures in the U.S. during 2013, which represents a 15 percent increase. Technology can help turn back the clock, provided people know what to look for when they make their decision to get it done.
“No longer are people heading to the springs looking for the fountain of youth,” explains Dr. Sanjiv Saini of MD Dermatology, with locations in Edgewater, Glen Burnie, and Lexington Park, Maryland. “Today, people can achieve the turning back of the clock through the use of technology. We have procedures that take years off, providing people with the look that will keep them feeling confident for years.”
A good portion of the cosmetic procedures being performed today are to help provide a more youthful appearance. The ASPS reports that per year there are now over 6 million Botox treatments, 2.2 million filler procedures, and 1.2 million chemical peels, all procedures that successfully help people have a younger looking appearance. In fact, they report that Botox treatments have hit an all-time high, as people search for the technology-driven fountain of youth.
For those considering having cosmetic procedures done to help reverse the aging they see, here are some tips to keep in mind:
· Opt for the latest technologies. Choosing a place that offers the latest technologies in skin care is the best route. This way the treatments will include cutting-edge options that will offer the most effective route to turning back aging.
· Have a customized plan. There is no cookie cutter treatment that will work for every person. It is important to have a plan that is tailored for every person. Be sure to get an evaluation, discuss with the doctor what the objectives are, and have a plan designed just for you.
· Practice good daily skin care. Having good daily skin care provides the foundation for healthy skin that doesn’t age as quickly. It’s important to take care of the skin by properly cleaning it, keeping it moisturized, and minimizing sun exposure. This will help any treatments you get to be more successful and effective.
· Combine treatment options. Most people don’t stick with one type of treatment, because you can achieve better results when you combine them. For example, those who combine Botox and fillers for early signs of aging will have better results when it comes to a more youthful appearance.
· Go with a pro. Getting treatments is one area you don’t want to cut corners. Choose a doctor who is well experienced in the field, has a great reputation, and knows how to successfully perform the latest treatments in anti-aging.
“The technology is there for those who want to turn back the clock and take years off of their face,” added Dr. Saini. “It’s just a matter of taking advantage of it. Whether it’s a birthday gift to yourself or just your goal for feeling great about the way you look, it’s a great time to put this technology to use.”
Putting new technology to use, Dr. Saini is now using the ICON, which targets age spots, sun damage, skin tone and texture, fine lines, and wrinkles. He is a premier cosmetic dermatologist who performs Botox, as well as a variety of other treatments. MD Dermatology offers a full line of clinical dermatology procedures including precision neck contouring, laser services, injection services, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and more. They are a medically directed spa that offers a wide range of services to meet the unique needs of every patient. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.