Each New Year millions of people make resolutions in hopes for everything from losing weight to quitting smoking to learning how to control their anger. The problem is that many are not sure what things can truly help them have a great year, or what changes they need to make to help those resolutions become a reality. The good news is that there are some really small changes people can make that will help give them a great New Year.
“Most people sit down to make their resolutions and they simply want to lose weight or something like that,” explains Louix Dor Dempriey, a spiritual master who started Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation and leads the events. “Just making that a resolution doesn’t show you the path on how to achieve results, or happiness. When you are happier and more complete, you will find it much easier to achieve those goals.”
There are a variety of good things that people can focus on to help bring them a great 2013, including:
- Inner peace. Being able to let go, accept things, and find peace with them will help people feel better. Having the peace one needs to happily navigate through life begins inside. This can be achieved by keeping a gratitude journal, so that people recount each day or week all the things they are grateful for in their lives, as well as making amends with others.
- Learn to relax. We live in stress-filled times. When learning to relax more, people will automatically feel more at peace and will bring more wellness into their lives. To achieve this, focus on doing yoga, tai chi, and/or meditation on a regular basis.
- Eat mindfully. As our nation becomes more overweight, we become less mindful of what it is that we eat. This year, focus on being mindful of all the food that goes into the body, placing an emphasis on only those foods that will bring nourishment and leave the body feeling good.
- Re-connect with nature. In the last few decades, people have been moving away from spending time outdoors. In 2013, make it a point to re-connect with nature. The outdoor exposure will bring a sense of peace and happiness that cannot be achieved through other means.
- Give love. Everyone wants to be loved, yet most are not sure how to go about bringing more of it into their lives. The best way to get more love is to give more of it. In the New Year, focus on sending out positive energy, love, and happiness, and more of it will come right back to you. Every day do this by smiling more, giving meaningful compliments, and letting people know you love them.
- Learn patience. The lack of patience that most people have prompts them to give up on their goals easily. Achieving goals, whether to lose weight, run a 5K, or to do yoga every week, takes patience. But when you stick with it and remind yourself of why you are doing these things, you will be much more successful at obtaining goals.
“When people focus on these areas and are successful with them, everything else will just fall into place,” adds Dor Dempriey, “Whatever it is that you want to achieve in life, you will have a better chance of getting to it when you focus on creating a better you, starting from the inside.”
Dor Dempriey offers retreats, seminars, and online videoconferences that focus on many of these issues. The events have been offered throughout the United States and Australia, including in Laguna Hills, Calif., Sedona, Ariz., La Jolla, Calif., Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York City, and San Francisco. To learn more about Louix Dor Dempriey, or to see the schedule of upcoming events, visit the site at www.Louix.org.