Creating good content is quite the bulk of all the marketing that goes online. In fact, delivering content that’s both informative and technically sound can be a hard balance to achieve on a daily basis on your own. Thankfully there are now a lot of online tools that can help you out so that you keep your audience interested and coming back. Some of these tools are easy to use while others require a bit more of getting used to, but they will definitely be worth it.
There is yet to be a tool that will help you with everything that needs to be done when creating great content, so you’re going to need to check out many tools. Each of these tools, however, will help you out at some point in the process.
1. Using Google for good research. No, it’s not just about using the search engine for material to work with. As a content creator, you need to be able to maximize Google in ways that ordinary web surfers don’t know how. Here are some things you can do:
- Searching for statistics on keywords using the “keyword” + “statistics” on the search bar. The results will give you lots of material to work with.
- Referring to credible sources. Referring to an expert to back up your content is a welcome practice in content creating. You can either refer to their work or ask these experts to share your post. Either case will add more credibility to your work.
- Using the Google Docs research tool for quick linking while you’re typing. This is mainly the reason why some content creators recommend writing their drafts on Google Docs.
2. Using tools to make a good headline. Just like most written content, the headline will always make or break the content’s impression. You need to make sure that the headline is catchy but at the same time gives the readers a pretty good idea of what you’re giving them. You also need to make sure that the headlines are ideal for linking.
If you’re a bit stumped as to what headline to write about, there are tools that can give you a good idea for a headline, depending on the content. But a good thing to remember is to never copy these ideas as they are presented. The reason is that other writers will most likely see these as well – you don’t want to have the same headlines on your content as theirs.
You can also have your headline analyzed as to its emotional marketing value. This will allow you to match your headline with the particular category that you’re trying to cater to on the internet. Having a high EMV means your headline is likely to attract more traffic than others. Take note that professional copywriters have their average EMVs at 30-40% while there are really good content makers that go up to 70%.
3. Get a tool to check your work for common mistakes. Sometimes we have bigger things to worry about that we overlook common mistakes. But more often than not, it’s because we’re just human. Having a reliable content editor app will help you check for mistakes you won’t be able to notice on your first draft. Some of these can help you simplify your phrases and improve your choice of words. Some can even give you ratings on how well your writing is, which can be very helpful, as second opinions can help make sure your content is appealing to the right audience.
If you think you have issues with grammar, there are apps that can check for grammar to protect you from your common mistakes.
4. Make use of visual content. The rising internet culture has made most people more responsive to audio-visual content, which makes them great complements to good, written content. Before, people have to hire designers to be able to create concepts but there are many tools that are available today that can help you make basic layouts that are appealing to your audience’s tastes. This sort of design software isn’t complicated to use either.
If your content seeks to inform people of a particular issue, you might find infographic templates useful as well. If you want to take a step further with your visual content, you can make use of interactive images that work well with your written content. And to stay with the trends, you can also keep useful tools like meme generators in your toolkit just in case you need to make a quick one.
Being able to personalize your written content with a lot of visuals can be very engaging to readers because they’re very personal to the content. It gives a more genuine feel to what’s written.
5. Keep a reliable writing service at hand. Sometimes you need help when it comes to making all that content needed to keep your website active. That’s where content writing services come in handy. Go for ones that are able to adjust to the style of your own writing for consistency, and maybe those that have a wide range of experience just in case you need something written that’s outside your field.
Most importantly, these writing services must be capable of protecting your own privacy when dealing with them, and they must be available whenever you need them to write you up a fresh batch of relevant and useful content.