Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa (CPLP), a Community of Portuguese Speaking Countries, has eight members: Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, Sao Tome and East Timor. Portuguese is also the official language (along with Mandarin) of Macau. Macau was previously a Portuguese territory, before being handed over to China in 1999. There are over two hundred million Portuguese speakers around the world. It is also spoken in some parts of India, in former Portuguese colonies including Goa, Daman and Diu, Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
Those who know Italian, Spanish or French, find Portuguese familiar. For example, every tense has six different endings. Some pronunciations are difficult, but this does not affect what the speaker means. Many words and aspects of Portuguese are common with all of the Romance languages that were born from Latin such as Spanish, French and Italian. Like Spanish, Portuguese uses reflexive verbs instead of the passive voice. The language also loans words from French, Arabic and English.
Portuguese language and the world Economy:
Brazilian exports have strengthened the economy. Enhanced manufacturing capabilities, oil discoveries have made Brazil a strong economic force. Known for its military manufacturing and oil exports, Brazil continues to place Portugal on the world economic forefront.
Benefits of Portuguese translation / interpretation services:
Interpretation/translation means converting a speech, message or any other proceeding from one language to another without impacting its meaning or intention. Translation or interpretation is done to make any content of a foreign language available in a native language or vice-versa.
- Exchange of knowledge– Interpretation and translation services promote the exchange of social and cultural heritage. People from various parts of the world communicate with each other with the help of these services.
- Helping people explore– These services help travelers around the world successfully explore new places. Such services have helped diminish the geographical boundaries that separate people. Be it leisure or pleasure, education or work; language interpretation has led to an easy flow of communication between people.
- Word trade– The world language translation industry is thriving across the world. In fact, it’s a successful standalone industry. It not only generates revenue for various industries, but also provides ample employment and business opportunities to language specialists across the world.
- Breaking international boundaries– These services have helped organizations across the world gain from cost-effective international exchanges by contributing in conferences and meet ups which gain optimum results due to a fruitful sharing of ideas.
Business owners must trust only certified translation agencies for Portuguese translation work. Getting translation or interpretation services done by freelancers can have various disadvantages:
- Freelance translators lack commitment
- They need a lot of training
- They are difficult to monitor
- Quality-oriented freelancers are hard to source
- They may lack domain experience
In contrast to freelancers, professional translation agencies ensure that translators on their payroll work as per the latest updates in the industry and provide cost-effective translated material which has the same intent as the original content. Such agencies ensure that their clients achieve their deadlines by delivering the assigned work on time.