Wounds are something that everyone experiences at one time or another. In fact, the National Institutes of Health estimates that chronic wounds affect around 6.5 million patients per year, making it a $25 billion per year expense. Wounds can come from numerous sources, including diabetes-related ones, cuts, burns, scratches, accidents, and more. A new product on the market, Enluxtra, now makes wound care easier to manage and helps people with a quicker and more successful healing outcome.
“We can do our best to avoid wounds all together, but that’s not always going to happen,” explains Dr. Oleg Siniaguine, inventor and founder of OSNovative Systems, Inc., the company that has created the Enluxtra wound dressing. “It’s equally important to know the best and most efficient way to address the wound, so that you help the healing process.”
Enluxtra wound care dressing works to help speed up the healing process of a wound, as well as help provide for the best outcome. Here are 5 reasons Enluxtra wound care works:
- Self adapting. Enluxtra is the first dressing developed to be self-adapting, which means that it can sense the changing needs of the wound. Then, it has the ability to analyze and adapt to those needs in order to keep the healing process on the right track. It can sense if there is too much moisture, or not enough, and adapt accordingly.
- No bacteria growth. The design of the Enluxtra wound care dressing does not support bacterial growth. Enluxtra’s “lock-in” function absorbs and holds the fluid within thus depriving bacteria of its water source and supports healing without the need of additional medications.
- Customization not needed. Unlike other types of wound dressing, Enluxtra does not need any type of customization and works on all wounds. The dressing can be used as it comes, making application that much easier.
- Helps control and eliminate slough. Enluxtra helps to eliminate slough from the wound and protects the skin, as well as helps to reduce the need for surgical wound debridement, which is important for those on blood thinning medications. The dressing also protects the skin from maceration.
- Reduces odor. Helping to keep the wound healing properly and not being too moist or too dry, Enluxtra helps to reduce any odors that would typically be found around a healing wound by eliminating odor causing bacteria.
“There are many advantages to using Enluxtra for wound care,” added Dr. Siniaguine. “You will find that it helps support the natural healing process and the medical community consistently reports that it provides for much better outcomes. It’s effective on all types of wounds, making it an option that everyone should consider.”
Enluxtra also saves money, because it does not require additional products to be used on the wound. It is also covered by Medicare and Medicaid, is FDA-cleared, and can be used for up to seven days for most wounds. It is effective on such wounds as lacerations, burns, graft wounds, trauma wounds, post-operative surgical wounds, pressure and venous ulcers, and leg ulcers, among others.
Enluxtra may be purchased online via the company website or Amazon, as well as from all major medical distributors such as McKesson, Medline etc. Clinics, physicians, and other healthcare professionals can order a free sample package of Enluxtra by logging onto the company Website at: www.anywound.com.