If you begin a new weight loss regimen, you will often feel fatigued and stretched as you try to lose weight. It’s never easy to cut out fat and foods that you enjoy, and are used to eating. In order to do so, most people are forced into a situation where they must choose between weight loss and their favorite food items. However, doctors do not recommend that people ignore their cravings and try to cut out all indulgences from their diets. Instead, they advocate the development of healthy eating and exercise habits as a way to combat crash diets and rapid weight gain afterwards.
20 Easy Ways to Make Your Next Diet A Success
- Pasta is a great “fast food” alternative. You can make a pasta meal for lunch/dinner and a salad in only 10 to 12 minutes.
- One of the best ways to naturally speed up your metabolism is with chili. This vegetable not only spices up food, but the rate your body burns fat as well.
- If you want to eat eggs, switch over to just egg whites. This offers a dramatic decrease in fat and calories with the meal.
- Cut down on salt in your cooking. It’s easy to over salt things, because of how good it tastes, but there are many salt alternatives that can achieve the same taste.
- To make a low fat gravy, one of the best ways is by placing ice cubes on a baking tray after baking meat. Fat will stick to the ice cubes and can be removed.
- If you are a gum chewer, chew sugarl
ess or stevia based gum. This not only helps you from eating too much, but burns calories as well.
- Luke warm or hot water, if drank instead of cold water, actually can increase your metabolism. This helps you burn calories through your biology.
- Making casseroles one day before hand will allow you to refrigerate them. Once they cool, the fat will rise to the top (being lighter than water) and you can skim it off reducing the fat in the final product.
- Many people buy foods that they’re hungry for when they go shopping at that time. It’s always best to eat before going to the store to shop, otherwise you will buy foods that are fast cooking and easy to make, and are oftentimes really bad for you.
- If you add mung beans or alfalfa to a salad, you’ll provide your body with additional iron in a tasty way.
- If you want to cook healthy and eat healthy you first need to educate yourself about nutrition and how to prepare healthy recipes.
- Before beginning your week, plan out what meals you will have that week. Purchase those ingredients each weekend.
- Staying Positive is important! If you have a positive attitude you will also have more success and more motivation to lose weight and get healthy.
- If you have favorite foods you love cooking, learn how to make those same foods with alternatives. For example, replacing sugar with splenda works for most baking recipes.
- If you are unsure where to begin, there’s no better person to ask than your doctor.
- If you eat slowly and chew slowly when eating, your body will let you know quickly when you’re getting close to full. This will help you eat less and decrease your appetite as well.
- Try to eat 3 or 4 meals per day and a few small snacks in between rather than a few huge meals each day.
- Contrary to popular opinion, you don’t need oil to stir fry food. You can use chicken or fish stock instead and cut down on the fat.
- Check the foods you’re eating for hidden fat and calories. There’s more fat from toasted muesli than you’d get from bacon and eggs!
- Try to not remove the skin of vegetables or fruits, unless inedible. The skin often contains almost all of the nutrients in the fruit.
Following these suggestions won’t, on their own, generate weight loss overnight. However, many of these tips can be used to increase your success losing weight and preventing you from hitting a wall where you don’t lose any weight for awhile. In addition, the biggest risk during any weight loss program is that you’ll gain it all back afterwards. If you stick to most of these general ideas, and remain positive about yourself, you can achieve great things.
James Almos is a weight loss coach and nutritionist who writes for hcgdropsplus.com. If you are interested in learning more about losing weight and staying healthy you can visit her there.